dataTaker® DT8x Series Geotechnical Data Loggers
Various remote connection options eg dial up modem
Supporting vibrating wire sensors the new dataTaker® DT8xG GeoLogger is ideal for all geotechnical data logging applications. The dataTaker® GeoLoggers have built-in vibrating wire support providing ideal data acquisition and monitoring solution for the engineer working in the geotechnical environment.
The dataTaker® GeoLoggers can monitor a wide variety of geotechnical datalogging applications including slope stability, subsidence, dam wall monitoring, tunnel and mining excavation, ground water, tunnel wall monitoring and site assessment.
The DT80G and DT85G can be expanded simply by connecting dataTaker® Channel Expansion Modules (CEM20) to provide 100 to 300 vibrating wire channels with thermistors.
The advanced new dataTaker DT8xG range of GeoLoggers are compatible with all major brands of geotechnical instrumentation including Slope Indicator, RST Instruments, Geokon, Soil Instruments, Roctest, AGI – Applied Geomechanics Inc.
- DT80G 5-15 unversal inputs
- DT85G 16-48 universal inputs
- Vibrating wire support
- Expandable Analogue channels using CEM20. DT80G up to 100 and DT85G up to 300 geotechnical channels
- USB memory for easy data and program transfer
- Flexible communications (USB, Ethernet and RS232)
- Standalone data logger with link to a PC
- Dual channel isolation technology
- User definable allocation of memory size and mode
- Vibrating wire support
- Expandable to 800 universal analogue channels – 300 Geotechnical channels (with CEM20’s attached to a DT85G)
- 8 digital input/output channels
- 12 counter inputs (4 high speed) and 2 phase encoders
- Calculated measurements
- SDI-12 (multiple networks)
- 2 serial ‘smart sensor’ ports
- Modbus for SCADA connection
- Memory of approximately 10 million data points
- FTP for automatic data transfer
- Web Interface
Analogue inputs supported
- Vibrating wire sensors (Iclinometer/Extensometer/Piezometer/Pressure cell/ Crack meter/Tilt meter)
- Bridge connections (Strain gauges/Load cells)
- Create complex schedules of logging rates, triggers and alarm outputs
- Scale and view readings in real time on the integral display or on a PC running Delogger or Excel
- Display readings in preferred engineering units e.g. Hz, Bar, Pascals, Nm etc.
- Select logging rates
- Derive calculated (virtual) channels from real input channels using mathematical functions
- Concurrently sample channels at different sample speeds
- Measure recordings from vibrating wire sensors such as Iclinometer, Extensometer, Piezometer, Pressure cell, Crack meter and Tilt meter
The channel capacity of the DT80 range of loggers can be increased by using the Channel Expansion Module (CEM20). Each CEM20 connects 20 universal data logging channels to the DT80 range of data loggers.
A CEM20 connects to one analogue channel of the data logger. This can expand the total channel capacity of the DT80 to 300 analogue inputs (common reference) and the DT85 to an incredible 900 analogue inputs (common reference). Incorporating the same dual isolation technology as the DT80 range data loggers each channel of the CEM20 can be used for two isolated inputs or three common reference inputs.
dEX Logger Software
dEX datalogger software is an intuitive graphical interface that allows you to configure your data logger, view real-time data in mimics, trend charts or tables and retrieve your historical data for analysis.
dEX comes pre-installed on every logger in the DT80 range. The software loads in your web browser so there is no need to install cumbersome applications on your computer. Being browser-based, dEX will work on all major operating systems including Windows, Mac and Linux.