dataTaker® DT8xM Series Data Loggers
The dataTaker® DT8xM is a robust, stand alone, ultra low power data logger with an integrated 2G/3G modem that allows it to be used across a wide variety of remote applications.
Automatic Data Delivery
The days of travelling long distances to get your data are over. The DT8xM’s automatic data delivery features allow you to schedule your data to be automatically emailed to your inbox every day, week, month or other time interval. More sophisticated systems can make use of the automatic data delivery features to send logged data to a FTP server.
Alarm conditions can also trigger data delivery or alarm messages to multiple email addresses or mobile phones.
Mobile network outages can occur at any time and can last for minutes or days, however dataTaker® have gone to great lengths to ensure the reliability of data transmissions. The DT8xM can recognise incomplete downloads and will try again until the entire data file is transmitted, ensuring no lost data. If the network drops your logger, the modem automatically reconnects before the next scheduled transmission.
If the mobile network has marginal coverage, the DT8xM can scan for alternative networks and select the strongest signal.
Easy to Configure
The DT80M is configured directly in your web browser using dataTaker®’s dEX graphical interface. dEX takes you through the configuration of your logger, showing you wiring diagrams and allowing you to decide – in as much or as little detail – how you want the system to work, suiting both novice and advanced users.
Using the internal modem you can even re-configure your system remotely over the internet if required.
With support for multiple SDI-12 sensor networks, Modbus for SCADA systems, FTP and Web interface, 12V regulated output to power sensors, the DT8xM is ready to be installed into environmental, industrial and many other types of monitoring projects.
- DT82EM 2-6 universal inputs
- DT80M 5-15 universal inputs
- DT85M 16-48 universal inputs
- DT85GM 16-48 universal inputs with vibrating wire support
- Expandable Analogue channels using CEM20. DT80M up to 300 and DT85M up to 900
- USB memory for easy data and program transfer
- Flexible communications (USB, Ethernet and remote communications)
- Standalone data logger with link to a PC
- Dual channel isolation technology
- User definable allocation of memory size and mode
- Expandable to 900 universal analogue channels (with CEM20’s attached to a DT85M/DT85GM)
- up to 8 digital input/output channels
- up to 12 counter inputs (4 high speed) and 2 phase encoders
- Calculated measurements
- SDI-12 (multiple networks)
- serial ‘smart sensor’ port
- Modbus for SCADA connection
- Memory of approximately 10 million data points
- FTP for automatic data transfer
- Web Interface
Analogue inputs supported
- Bridge connections (Strain gauges/Load cells)
- Create complex schedules of logging rates, triggers and alarm outputs
- Scale and view readings in real time on the integral display or on a PC running dEX web interface or Excel
- Display readings in preferred engineering units e.g. Hz, Bar, Pascals, Nm etc.
- Select logging rates
- Derive calculated (virtual) channels from real input channels using mathematical functions
- Concurrently sample channels at different sample speeds
The channel capacity of the DT80 range of loggers can be increased by using the Channel Expansion Module (CEM20). Each CEM20 connects 20 universal data logging channels to the DT80 range of data loggers.
A CEM20 connects to one analogue channel of the data logger. This can expand the total channel capacity of the DT80 to 300 analogue inputs (common reference) and the DT85 to an incredible 900 analogue inputs (common reference). Incorporating the same dual isolation technology as the DT80 range data loggers each channel of the CEM20 can be used for two isolated inputs or three common reference inputs.
dEX Logger Software
dEX datalogger software is an intuitive graphical interface that allows you to configure your data logger, view real-time data in mimics, trend charts or tables and retrieve your historical data for analysis.
dEX comes pre-installed on every logger in the DT80 range. The software loads in your web browser so there is no need to install cumbersome applications on your computer. Being browser-based, dEX will work on all major operating systems including Windows, Mac and Linux.