RC Recirculating Chillers
Many industrial and scientific applications require powerful cooling to remove the mechanical or electrical heat produced in equipment, or the heat generated by an exothermic reaction, combined with high pressure flow for fast heat removal within restricted systems. The Grant RC recirculating chillers are ideal for these applications.
Before water became an expensive commodity tap water was frequently used as a source of powerful, high pressure cooling. Unlike tap water, RC chillers provide a constant flow at a precise, repeatable temperature and can operate at temperatures as low as -10°C. They eliminate the use of mains water, minimise scaling and corrosion of the equipment being cooled. Moreover, alarms warn of any temperature or flow changes.
The Grant range of recirculating chillers comprises four models each consisting of a temperature control unit, small reservoir, refrigeration unit and circulating pump all housed in a single outer case. The RC series is suitable for both open and closed loop circulation.
The two models in the series offer cooling capacities from 1400 to 3000 Watts. Hundreds of units have been supplied to the inkjet printing sector, fibreoptic manufacture, engine testing, whisky chill filtration and the aerospace industry. We also offer customisation of these products or of any Grant refrigeration product to your exact requirements.
- Temperature range -10 to 60ºC
- Stability ±0.25ºC
- Choice of models with different cooling power – from 350 to 3000W
- Efficient, reliable and cost-effective alternative to cooling with mains water
- Autotune facility for optimal temperature control performance
- Electronics – cooling system for etch baths, glass coating for top-up display in aircrafts
- Industry – print head cooling for textile industry, calibration system probe
- Academia – physics and astronomy lab equipment cooling, sea water cooling for producing ikatite minerals
- Research – seed research, cooling of scientific X-ray analytical units, SEM cooling
RC – Accessories
|RC BYP||Bypass to overcome flow restrictions (flow <1 L/min), e.g. in narrow tubes or small cells|
|RC PR||Pressure gauge to assist with setting up cooling systems and monitoring performance|
|PRES||Priming reservoir to simplify priming in a closed loop system which has no filling port available on the RC inlet (not required for RC3000G)|
|External probe||For remote sensing temperature control. On request only. Specify when ordering, requires modification to chiller|
|RC HF9||Rear connecting fittings (pair) 9mm internal diameter hose sizes respectively|
|RC HF12||Rear connecting fittings (pair) 12mm internal diameter hose sizes respectively|
|RC HF17||Rear connecting fittings (pair) 17mm internal diameter hose sizes respectively|