QB Series Dry Block Heating Systems
A versatile general purpose system with two removable/interchangeable blocks and a comprehensive specification to suit most dry block heating applications in the laboratory.
- Temperature range ambient +5ºC to 130ºC, with rapid heat-up time
- Stability: ±0.1ºC
- Uniformity: ±0.1ºC
- Digital temperature control for optimal precision
- Range of convenient features including alarms, single and dual point calibration, programmed start/stop, ‘offset’ for known sample temperature variation and choice of external or internal probes
- External probe available for accurate in-sample or in-block temperature control
- Includes block removal tool for easy and safe removal of blocks.
A source of precision temperature control for general, routing applications and sensitive analytical procedures including enzyme digestions, enzyme activity studies and nucleid acid hybridisations.
* Offer valid on new orders only. UK Only. Offer can be claimed through an official quotation only. Offer cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other promotion. Standard delivery terms and conditions apply. Offer only available on products stated in the promotion. For further information, contact Grant Instruments or your regional sales manager.
Dry Block Heaters – Interchangeable blocks
Extraction tool supplied as standard
|QB-0||Plain block without holes|
|QB-10||For 24 x ø 10mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-12||For 24 x ø12mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-13||For 12 x ø13mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-16||For 12 x ø16mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-17H||For 10 x Falcon tubes tall 17mm ø test tubes, 75mm hole depth|
|QB-18||For 12 x ø18mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-24||For 5 x ø24mm test tubes and universal bottles, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-50||For 4 x 50ml centrifuge test tubes, glass universals, 50mm hole depth ø29mm|
|QB-H||For 56 x 0.2ml microtube, 14mm hole depth, ø6.5mm|
|QB-E0||For 24 x 0.5ml microtube, 30mm hole depth, ø8mm|
|QB-E1||For 24 x 1.5ml microtube, 35mm hole depth, ø10.8mm|
|QB-E2||For 24 x 2.0ml microtube, 35mm hole depth, ø11mm|
|QB-E5||For 12 x 5.0ml microtube, 53.5mm hole depth, ø16.7mm|
|QB-DN||For 12 x 5.0ml microtube, 53.5mm hole depth, ø16.7mm|
Custom blocks available – please email for further information
External Temperature Probes
|QBEP||Standard probe for in-sample or in-block temperature control; encased in stainless steel sheath, ø3mm x 30mm long, with 350mm of cable.|
|QBEP-WM||Short-form probe for in-sample or in-block temperature control; encased in stainless steel sheath, ø3mm x 14mm long, with 350mm of cable.|
For molecular biology and biotechnology applications
|QDP-H||96 holes in microplate configuration for 0.2ml microplates, strips or individual tubes. Uniformity ± 0.3ºC within tubes across the block; 6.2mm ø holes, 14mm hole depth.|
|QDP-FL||Universal block for standard 96-well plates (u-well, v-well, flat bottom, high temperature). Uniformity ± 0.50ºC between wells; supplied with hinged, double layer lid to create an insulated incubation chamber.|
Double-size blocks 140 x 100 x 75mm supplied with additional extraction tool
Made from tough clear acrylic for maximum visibility whilst preventing accidental touching of a hot block or contamination of samples from splashes.
|QBL2||For QBD2 and QBH2|
Clearance height 85cm. Not required with QDP-FL Microtiter blocks.